Most of the integrated Windows 10 apps have already been gathered their fair share of negative press, and also some of the core pieces of the puzzle like the Calendar and Mail apps have verified themselves as admirable additions to the overall schedule. However, when you run your own email server or might be rent them from another independent provider, as setting up a POP3 email account sometimes might be proven a bit more complicated than a standard Configuration.
Below we provide few simple steps of how to configure your custom POP3 email into the Windows 10.
Configure a POP3 Email Account n Windows 10
Retrieve POP3/SMTP Addresses
Before starting the process, you will need to access your web server only to search their server addresses.
- For Incoming Email
Generally, the address will look like a “pop.[emailserver]. Net”, with no any brackets. But normally, email server which is hosted on GoDaddy.com hides these addresses in the Server Settings portion of its email management sites.
- For Outgoing Email
When you want to take down the address of anything which looks like it has the acronym “SMPT” in it. Again, in this instances, generally, the GoDaddy uses “ssmtpout.secureserver.net” only to handle any request for the outgoing or any sent mail.
Configure Account in the Windows 10 Email App
After located and properly recorded the appropriate addresses, now need to follow the below-given steps:
- Click on Start menu.
- Launch the Windows 10 Email app.
- Search for Settings icon. It is usually located at the bottom left corner of the Mail app.
- Under the menu, a pop-up will appear on the right pane. Select the “Accounts” option.
- A list will appear on the screen which shows all your account in which you are currently linked to the windows 10
- Choose “Add Account” option. It will also include the Plus sign.
- Follow the prompt instruction carefully to complete the process.
- Select the “Advanced Setup” option.
- Alternatively, choose “Internet Email” option.
- After selecting the Advanced Email tab, now you will need to enter all information that you obtained from third-party email services.
- Firstly, select a unique name for your account.
- Provide all the credentials including Username and Password. It will bring you into the server and retrieves any mail, calendar appointment, or any important notification which might be stored in the internal inbox.
- On the other hand, plug in the incoming POP server information and the outgoing SMTP address.
- Still, you have a chance to modify the settings. So once check it carefully.
- Click on Sign-in tab.
- When the process is completed. Close all the tabs. And restart your system.
When the Mail app confirm that your account has been gone through, then it is better if you verify it once that the email stat is working or not by sending any test mail to your friend or creating an email from the third–party account and send to yourself.
Furthermore, the Windows 10 app is a very handy way which helps you in keeping all your email accounts across multiple of different services and also some independent providers collected almost in the same place.