Microsoft often comes with newer versions of its Office Suite and each upgrade brings new features that the world has been anticipating since ages. The software giant gave a sneak peek of the trial version of Microsoft Office 2016 in March, while the consumer version was rolled out in May.
Those who are not very tech savvy and despise updates because it is difficult to get a hang of the newer layout can breathe a sigh of relief because Office 2016 follows a similar user interface as Office 2013. Hence, the look and the appeal of the Office Suite remain constant. However, Office 2016 is richer in features. To get Office 2016 setup, go to office.com/setup.
What’s New in Microsoft Office 2016?
Microsoft that constantly been knitting the world together, bringing us closer and closer. This continues to be the theme behind Office 2016 too. Microsoft opens up new and innovative avenues for working collaboratively with your co-workers.
Thus, Office 2016 boosts teamwork, the cornerstone of every corporate organization. The smart apps are well connected and contain seamless integration that can aid in setting up personal networks for collaborating data. Documents created in Microsoft Office 2016 can easily be shared online over the cloud – encouraging collaborative working. Data and files can be exchanged in a few clicks without any hard copies or printing involved.
Different Editions of Microsoft Office 2016
As always, there are various flavors of Microsoft Office 2016 available, namely:
- Office 2016 Home & Student: Available for a single purchase on a single device. The product contains Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- Office 2016 Home & Business: Available for a single purchase at a slightly higher cost than Office 2016 Home & Student. It can be installed on a single device. The product contains Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and outlook.
- Office 365 Personal: Available at monthly or yearly subscription fees and can only be installed on a single device. The product contains Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, and PC versions of Publisher and Access. It also offers 1 TB of storage space on OneDrive.
- Office 365 Home: Available at monthly or yearly subscription fees and can be installed on a maximum of 5 devices. The product contains Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, and PC versions of Publisher and Access. It also offers 1 TB of storage space on OneDrive for five users.
Download Microsoft Office 2016
The following are the download to install Microsoft Office 2016 setup file on your device:
- Check if your device meets the minimum system requirements to allow the installation of Microsoft Office 2016.
- Sign into your Microsoft Account at www.office.com/setup.
- If you do not remember your password or login credentials, select the ‘forgot password’ option and carry out recovery
- If you don’t have a Microsoft Account, then create one.
- Remember to sign into the account that is linked to purchase of Office 2016.
- Once signed in, you will be redirected to the Office home page. Click on the “Install Office” button and select “Install.”
- Your Office 2016 files will begin downloading.
- If your download does not begin immediately, contact the Microsoft help for assistance.
Install Microsoft Office 2016 Setup
Once your files are downloaded on the computer, you need to install it on your device. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Locate the files in the default download folders.
- Double click on the executable file. Click on “yes” when you get the System prompt that asks whether you wish to allow the app to make changes to your device.
- The Installer will begin installing Office 2016 and its apps on your system. This may take some time.
Activate Microsoft Office 2016 Setup
- Open any one of the apps from the Office 2016 Suite.
- If your account is already activated, then you would simply need to accept the terms of using MS Office.
- If your account is not activated, you will receive a prompt from the Activation Wizard.
- Select the option to activate Microsoft Office over the internet and you will once again have to sign in to your Microsoft Account.
- Head over to the “My Account” section and check the validity of your product.
- You may have to enter the product key given to you when you purchased the product.
- Once you key in the product key, the licensed version of Microsoft Office 2016 will be available.
Microsoft has greatly simplified the download, installation, and activation process for Office 2016.