Kik is a text messaging application which is available for free. Kik offers a broad range of features for chatting and sharing. There are also wide ranges of chatbots available on Kik that you can use for entertainment.
Here is how to download Kik on Android and iOS devices:
System Requirements for downloading Kik on Android mobile:
It’s good to know about the minimum system requirements before trying to download Kik on android mobile to ensure that your device supports the app or not. Mostly all newer Android devices are compatible with the app.
Your Android device or phone must be:
• Run on Android 2.2 and above.
• Have at least 3.5MB of free storage space.
• Supports Wi-Fi and Data Plans.
Obviously, your device is eligible for the Kik app. so, ready to download Kik? Stick to the below steps.
Steps to Download Kik messaging app on your Android phone
1. Launch the ‘Google Play Store’ app of your Android device.
2. Click, Type and search for the ‘Kik’ in the Play Store.
3. Select the resultant app.
4. Click on the green ‘Install’ button of the Kik app page.
5. Click on the ‘Accept’ button to allow permissions.
6. Open the ‘Kik’ app when installing completes.
Steps to Create a Free Kik Account
The Kik messaging app is free to use and also allows free creating of account. If you’re a new user, then you need to create an account first.
1. Tap on the blue color ‘Create New Account’ button.
2. Tap on the first name field, and type your first name.
3. Tap on the second name field, and type your second name.
4. Enter ‘Screen name’ in the next field.
5. Enter an ‘Email address’ of yours into the fourth field.
6. Select a password and enter into the last field.
7. Tap on the ‘Camera’ at the top-left corner.
8. And select or take a picture for your account.
9. Tap on the ‘Register’ color button to finish.
A new Kik account is created for you.
Steps to access your Kik Account
To access your Kik account, you have to log in with your Kik account.
1. Launch the ‘Kik’ app.
2. And tap on the ‘Log In’ button on the homepage.
3. Tap on the first field and type your screen name.
4. And type your ‘Password’ into the next field.
5. Hit the ‘Next’ green color button to log in.
6. After just Log in, you’ll see the option to find friends from your Android device’s contacts book.
7. Tap on ‘Yes’ to allow Kik to access your contacts book.
Now, locate your friends who are also using Kik app.
System Requirements for downloading Kik on iPhone, iPad or iPod
It’s good to know about the minimum system requirements before trying to download Kik on your iOS device to ensure that your device supports the app or not.
Your iPhone, iPad or iPod must:
• Have operating system iOS 8.1 or above.
• Have 150MB of free storage space.
• Only iPhone supports Kik there is no any native Kik app for iPad, so if you have an iPad or iPad touch, then you’ve to browse for the Kik app.
Steps to Download Kik messaging app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod
1. Launch the ‘App Store’ app of your iPhone.
2. Click, Type and search for the ‘Kik’ in the App Store.
3. Select the resultant app.
4. And click on the ‘Get.’
Note: if you’re using the same Apple ID that is already used for downloading Kik then you won’t see the downloading button.
5. Type your ‘Apple ID password’ to continue, when asked.
That’s it! Kik will be on your iOS device within some minutes. The login and using process somewhat similar to the android.
Joey Williamsis a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Robert has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.