The market is getting more and more occupied with technologies, but the fascination with iPhones is never-ending. Here are some ideas where you can get the most efficient payment for your used iPhone. With the advent of new iPhones, it’s time to start thinking of the old ones. For many reasons, we want to buy a new one, but we already have invested so much of money for the old one. The solution is- sell the old iPhone to subsidize the new one by following some ways which help us in selling it in the most profitable manner possible.
Do it as early as possible
The closer we get to know about the new iPhones, less worthy are going to be the previous models. According to a study- The most recent iPhone model drops as much as dollar 100 in value after the new iPhone has been released. The previous model drops between 10 to 20%. It’s not a smart choice to keep a depreciated item. Sell your phone right now If that is not the option, some of the sites will give you a period of 30 days before you send your phone.
To do things before you sell
It doesn’t matter if you are swelling it yourself or putting it in hand of a 3rd party. Follow these steps:
- Back up: Back up all the critical data- including videos, photos, contact, and apps. Use Apple’s iCloud service or a 3rd party cloud storage device.
- Remove the SIM card: Forget not to pop out your SIM card, which you will need for the new phone to keep your service and the existing number active.
- Don’t forget to turn off Find My iPhone: It is a security feature that must be turned off before selling your phone so that nobody else can reset or use it. Go to iCloud>Find My iPhone and toggle off.
- Wipe it- Sign out of all apps, services and connected clouds. Open the ‘Settings App’ and go to General>Reset>Erase All Content and Settings to erase everything from the iPhone. Once it’s done, Go to the General>Reset>Reset All Settings to restore the iPhone to factory settings.
You are going to get the most money for your phone if its condition is in tip-top position. But there are still some ways that can do well if it is not in the ‘good’ condition. No dents, no cracks, no scratches, no water damage, and everything is working well.
What can be done if the iPhone is damaged?
Even if the phone is damaged, you still can get something in return. It’s actually not worth it to repair a cracked screen before you sell but if your screen is slightly damaged, like a small hairline in the corner. You should sell it on your own instead of trading. Maybe an individual will overlook superficial screen damage for a reasonable price.
Sell it yourself
Selling the phone by oneself may give you the maximum profit but it’s not without risks.
- It is the most risky option, but you are going to get cash for your device. But the challenge here is to deal with the flakes. If you have decided to use Craigslist, make sure you meet your buyer in a great public place. For a smooth and pleasant transaction, agree clear before the meeting. Make your customer well aware with the price and condition of your device.